Astellas Pledges Net Zero GHG Emissions by 2050

Published on:
KnowESG_netzero
Image courtesy of www.dailysabah.com.

Astellas Pharma, a pharmaceutical company, has said it will reduce its carbon footprint and reach net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050. This is a significant commitment in the fight against climate change and shows the company's commitment to sustainability and reducing its impact on the environment.

Astellas Pharma's commitment to reducing GHG is comprehensive, as it targets emissions reductions in all three scopes of emissions (Scopes 1, 2, and 3). The 90% reduction target is an ambitious goal. The company's commitment to neutralising the remaining 10% of emissions through methods such as carbon offsets or renewable energy investments shows that it is taking a comprehensive approach to reducing its carbon footprint.

"As outlined in our Corporate Strategic Plan 2021, our goal is to 'deepen our engagement in sustainability' and reducing our environmental impact is one of the key issues for Astellas,” said Kenji Yasukawa, President and CEO of Astellas. "As responsible members of society, we are committed to reducing GHG to make society more sustainable."

Astellas is committed to promoting sustainability activities and increasing transparency in its ESG efforts. By considering the impact of its actions on the environment, society, and governance, the company aims to improve sustainability not only for itself but also for the larger global community. This approach fits in with the growing trend of companies taking a more holistic view of sustainability, recognising that environmental and social factors are essential for long-term business success.

For more company-related news

Source: Astellas

Share:
esg
esg
esg
esg

Companies Headlines

Uniforms From Bottles! Lindström India's Eco-Twist

Uniforms From Bottles! Lindström India's Eco-Twist

South African Companies Lauded for Responsible Mining

South African Companies Lauded for Responsible Mining

Sidel, EcoVadis Join Forces for Greener Supply

50% Recycled Plastic for Choc Wrappers, Says Cadbury

Executives Face ESG Implementation Hurdles, Says Report

Capital shift: Barclays Targets Energy Decarbonisation

Highvern Teams Up with FutureTracker for Sustainability

Hikvision Joins UN Global Compact Pact

SZA Sings for Forests at GRAMMYs with Mastercard

DHL, Schneider Electric's New Eco-Friendly Shipping